Hey all, obviously very new to solar and i want to make sure im doing everything right, i would prefer not to burn my cabin down.
So more or less i just want to get the opinions of some people who have done this before, i can read on off grid solar systems till the cows come home but electricity isn't my world. Some of the info i write will probably have nothing to do with anything but ill write everything thats stamped on my products haha
- one Solar panel specs are 270watt
max power voltage (vmp) 31.2v
map power current (imp) 8.65A
short circuit current (isc) 9.22A
open circuit voltage (voc) 38.2V
max system voltage 1000V
series fuse 15A
fire rating class c
-ACOPOWER 30A MPPT Solar Charge Controller 12v/24v
- three Crown 6CRV220, 220Ah 6V AGM Battery
-1000 watt inverter
120vac 60hz, 1000w/803a continuous
so i believe i have everything i need to as far as the products go, i just need to know if my panel will work with the charge controller i have and how to set up my batteries.
1)since my charge controller is for 12v/24v can i just set up my batteries to 18v? or should i buy one more and make it a 24v or 12v?
2) For the wiring i have some old 8gauge extension cord can i just cut this up and add ends to use from the charge controller to the batteries and to the inverter? (i can't see why not its 8 gauge wire and its wrapped its not bare wire)
3) Do i need to add fuses between all of the products? can i just buy fuse holders and wire them in?
4) What about grounding the system, my inverter has a ground screw do i just have to go off of that or would i ground everything separately? does everything need to be grounded? this is where i have the most trouble.
thanks in advance and thanks for the add i look forward to helping others when i've learned enough