to the Solar CollectorBrainstorming and Development
Water Project 1
Water & Space Heating
This reply is directed to everybody taking part to this discussion. I try to summarize our (Paolo & Franco) opinion about ARETHA. Not to end the discussion but just for summarizing some points.1. The purpose of ARETHA is to produce hot water and to store it in a tank.
2. ARETHA is simple to built because you can use materials easy to find everywhere in the world (polycarbonate can be replaced by glass).
3. One car radiator of about 120 - 150 HP can be work for a 5-6 m2 panel. If you need more power, you can connect many panels to the same water circuit.
4. Water temperature cannot rise beyond the thermal limit of the tubes and tank (generally made by plastic), that is 60 - 65 °C, enough for many applications.
5. Power supply for pump and fan, if they are temperature-controlled, is negligible compared to the energy gain as heat.
6. We are testing a prototype in Milan for computing the energy efficiency and we hope to write down some figures soon.
1. 7. Now we want to built a new prototype in order to edit a tutorial for people willing to make one ARETHA by itself. For this reason we ask a money contribution by means of this crowdfunding campaign:
Supported videos include:
Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.